Relax & Rehabilitate With Hydrotherapy
Hydrotherapy is an excellent alternative procedure to facilitate the relief and treatment of arthritic pain, back pain and during the early postoperative recovery period. Hydrotherapy combines the benefits of buoyancy to decrease load through joints whilst still allowing for some strengthening due to the effects of drag and resistance. The warm water and weightless effect of being submersed means that even very painful conditions can be exercised effectively.
utilises the state-of-the-art indoor heated hydrotherapy pool at Ripples Leisure Centre for all of its Hydrotherapy sessions & programs. The Ripples pool has a rail around its edges to enable exercise and the use of equipment. Separate male and female change rooms are included as well as disabled shower and change room. Four banks of spa jets at various heights are located in the deep end of the pool. These allow various activities and exercises to be undertaken as well as the potential to be used for massage application. Entry to the pool is via stairs or a pool hoist.
Our Hydrotherapy service is a fully supervised exercise programme set and supervised by Senior Physiotherapists in a specially designed warm water pool which is maintained at 32-34 degrees Celsius.
With session durations of up to one hour (depending on what you can cope with), there is plenty of time to treat the whole person and not just focus on the one specific area.
How our Hydrotherapy services help you?
What are the therapeutic benefits of our Hydrotherapy programs?
- Management of spinal and disc injuries
- Reduced chronic pain
- Improvement in swelling, due to hydrostatic pressure.
- Increased balance, range of motion and stabilisation.
- loosening tense, tight muscles and encouraging relaxation
- increasing the metabolic rate and digestion activity
- hydrating the cells, improving skin and muscle tone
- boosting the immune system, allowing it to function more efficiently
- Easing labour pains
- Arthritis and joint management
- And much more
What conditions can our Hydrotherapy services treat?
- Rehabilitation after bone fractures, joint replacement or tendon repair
- Back pain/sciatica/ lumbar instability
- Rheumatoid Arthritis & Fibromyalgia
- Ankylosing Spondylitis
- Parkinson's Disease & stroke
- Cerebral Palsy
- Neurological conditions.
- And much more
Our clinicians are people you can trust and rely upon. Live a life with less limits & book online or give our clinic a call to start your hydrotherapy sessions today.
What types of Physiotherapy does our Penrith clinic offer?
- Sports Physiotherapy
- Women's Health
- Exercise Physiology
- Workers Compensation
- Mobile Services
- NDIS & Aged Care Services
- EXOS Casting